Hey Friends and family ( sounds like a wireless phone ad!!)
We got THE call this morning, the insurance has approved his stem cell transplant and apparently he passed the physical test so we are relived about that too! We go next Thursday on May 26 at 1 pm to go over test results, sign yet more paperwork and they will give us the "calendar of events" for the stem cell. The RN has to confirm with the hospital BUT she will get him back one of these days, Tues, Wed or Thurs. after Memorial day (the next week) to do the outpatient surgery to put his line in for the harvest for getting the baby stem cells out) . Then we will have to be back that same Friday so they can give him his injections to take home to stimulate the stem cell growth. They will give him one in the office and we will do the other two at home. Then the following Monday , he will go back and they will begin the first harvest of stem cells. We will also have to go back a second day so we will probably stay over nights until he gets those completed..(out patient). They will admit him when they get enough of the stem cells harvested and I don't think they exactly know how many times it will take?? It varies by patient I believe is what they told us. So at any rate, we are about to jump off in to this deep water so please continue to keep us in your prayers!! He will be in patient for at least 3 weeks once he is admitted. He does not like to be confined to the house much less by hospital walls!! All of this for a man who has always had "white line" fever!!! He always enjoyed his work so this is very difficult for him in many ways!!
We still have other doctors appointments here to keep so we stay on the run it seems! Never a dull moment around here!
I am so thankful Ronnie's pain has been better since last Saturday!! I could not see him going into this in the bone pain he was continuing to have ! He is outside enjoying this beautiful day right now!! Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers. We love all of you!! Gail and Ronnie
God is Good ALL the Time!!!
Mama we are continuing to pray for dad. I was thinking today about how well he has really handled all of this. I know he doesnt probaly see it but he really has showed remarkable strength and faith through all of this. The same is true of you too Mama. I love you both.
ReplyDeleteThanks son, We have had our times for sure but God has gave us everything we need at just the right time to get us through! Support of our family and friends help our faith stay strong. There was a book I once began to read named "Just enough Light for the Step I'm on" .. I never finished the book but still think about the title in relation to this illness! We love you and your family!
ReplyDelete