Thursday, February 10, 2011

Rants and Raves of a Mad Woman!!

 Back to chemo today. It amazes me how many people have cancer! It is sort of like buying a car. You never notice how many of them are on the road until you get one! This is a bit more to deal with than realizing you have bought a vehicle that has at least 25 twins in your town! I can't understand why the causes for this horrible disease can not be put in black and white better. Research seems to have more theories than facts for the true causes. I know a sweet lady who has breast cancer and so does her twin sister!

  If the government is going to get all in your business about everything why have they not found the real causes of cancer! I know the older you live the more likely you are to have it. There is a young woman in Dublin who is the step mom of a friend of our grand daughters who is very sick with cancer.She has a young child!  How do you explain why  kids like Summer and teens like Leah get it??? No one ever said life was fair... it sure isn't and especially so when you are a kid and have to deal with this stuff! God bless all the sick kids and their parents who are dealing with the big C!  I just can not imagine trying to explain this illness to a child! I know God sees them through and we will never understand why this side of heaven! God alone knows the answers and He thought it best we not understand now and probably for good reason!

       He  went to his  treatment today. I had a chiropractor visit while he finished up.  He wanted some Cloverleaf after wards though he is not really suppose to eat from a buffet. We had some errands to run but soon after eating he was wiped out and ready for his recliner! I mean he can seem like he feels so well and then boom, it is like a balloon that is suddenly deflated!!


 It is unreal to me he could take chemo and then enjoy food... this is different from what I thought it would be! I think it has a lot to do with the type chemo you get?? Don't know but he still has his appetite! Maybe some of the "swelling" is due to the buffet and recliner??? Well as long as you are on steroids you can always blame them!!  I am thankful he still has his appetite. In the beginning he did lose weight and he may later but for now he is still loving his food! I do too but this blog is not about me! ha ha

   I had to go back to S.S. office to take a form to them. I filled out all the necessary paperwork weeks ago. I decided to call and check on the status though truthfully I wasn't expecting much this early in the game. The answer I got was the process was being held up because they did not have a form to request his records??? I could have sworn I remembered us doing this form but never mind, if they didn't have it no need to discuss it! I mean they don't call and say ," we need this form and for some reason we neglected to put it in the packet we sent out to you." No, they let the paperwork sit for weeks on someone's desk and then when YOU call, you discover not one thing has been accomplished because they don't have one form... "We need form 124 LKS  before we can go any further Mam.."  (not really the right number but you know what I mean)... well geez what were they going to do... let it sit there until the ink was faded and never let you know? I know they have many to process and my preference would have been to file it online for him. However he managed to get on the phone to ask one question and then the S.S. office began the process. I have heard if you get them ALL the paperwork and they don't have to track it down it goes much better. Too late now, we are now at their mercy.

  Ronnie and I were talking about how dangerous the Social Security  location  is on  Hillcrest. He said " yeah, they probably put it here hoping someone would come over the top of the hill when you went to turn and take you out before you can get inside to apply for benefits!"... ha ha  that is pretty funny!!I am not dishing on anyone who works for S.S. but our government is terrible inept at paperwork! I know the employees don't have a choice about protocol..it is already in place and it takes 500 sheets of paper to do what 5 could accomplish! We could probably kill a big portion of the national debt if paperwork could really be reduced! Then they send you 10 pages in the mail to tell you, "this is part of our PAPERWORK REDUCTION ACT!!  I can not imagine when you have to wait for paperwork to arrive giving you permission to see a doctor!  Ok, enough of that , I will have someone mad at me!!

      The doctor gave him something to help him rest at night so we will see how that goes..other than him being so tired all day even before the chemo, he has had a pretty good day! His blood sugar has been bottoming out quite a bit lately. He says God is healing his diabetes and I pray that is true.I fear it maybe getting worse! Ok, so today call me Mrs. Doubting Thomas!!

  Today was more normal ,we actually were sort of being a bit ill with each other this afternoon. " Why did you leave the door open??" .. I didn't , YOU left it open, old man!! ha ha  We are thankful for every day that is relatively normal. I know we are just beginners and have a ways to go to remission graduation!! Thank you Lord for this day. God is good , ALL the time!

2 comments:

  1. Gail, this blog is about you too. This affects you as much as it affects Ronnie.

    I have a list of scriptures and recommended reading regarding healing if you would like a copy.

    I love you and am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, it is great to hear your experiences; through the eyes of "one in the battle". Keep posting. It will provide some sanity for you and help you to think thru the process. God is faithful. He is teaching you and Ronnie so much during this time. I am studying the book by Ravi Zacharias; The Grand Weaver; How God Shapes Us Through The Events of Our Lives. It really goes into how God uses each event in our lives to bring us closer to Him.
    Love you, keep it up. Leola

    ReplyDelete