We packed up baby Car that Monday morning and headed to Macon . We both had doctors appointments. Mine for shots in my arthritic knees and Ronnie's to find out test results from the previous week's visit. In my previous blog I had mentioned the fact I knew that morning we would not be able to keep baby Car much longer. We discussed it on the way to Macon and both agreed. Ronnie's energy level was at zero and I was having more and more problems with my knees.I have arthritis in all my joints and had told Ronnie a month or so earlier that I could not keep Carson. He chided me about taking the baby to daycare and said I was a bad Meme etc..joking of course. He told me he would help me and we could do it between us! After our conversation I felt lead to call a Christian friend of ours who runs a great daycare. She was the only one Car's parents said they would feel comfortable leaving him with. She was booked up when Amber went back to work so we agreed to keep him until they could find a good place! Cammi's waiting list was very long! She would not have an opening until the baby was a year old! I decided to call her that morning on the chance she might recommend someone !! When she answered she thought I was returning HER call! She had just called the house and left a message to say SHE had an opening!! Of course I told her we were on the road and I had NO idea she had called! That was a God thing!! I called his dad to talk to him about it not knowing we would be taking the baby there to stay that very day!!
We had a bit of time to kill when we got to Macon, so Ronnie suggested we swing by Lowe's to check out their Christmas lights! (he knew this would make me VERY happy!) Just when we were getting the stroller unpacked in the Lowe's parking lot,his cell phone rang. He took the call while I got out the essential items for the baby. I could tell something had happened and it was not good! Keith who bought our other truck and was leased on to Eagle was telling Ronnie that our driver Shannon had been in a wreck. Ronnie got off the phone and managed to get Shannon who told him that he was in an ambulance on the way to the hospital to be checked out! He told Ronnie , he thought he was fine, just bruises and shook up but the truck was totaled! Ronnie assured him that as long as HE was ok that was the important thing!
Shannon was checked over and was able to catch a ride home with Keith since they both were going to the same place. Shannon is a very good driver. We are so blessed to have him. The place they were going was on a county road and he got caught in a blinding rainstorm on a very curvy road. When the truck got off on the soft shoulder that was it! Thankfully noone else was involved and he was not hurt! Needless to say we did not bother with any Christmas lights on this day! We would be on our way to Alabama before night fall.
On to see Doctor Bill...got my shots then he comes in to see Ronnie... he tells us in a quite manner of fact manner, the lesions on his spine or either a metastasis from a possible cancer in his colon or could be bone cancer! He made arrangements for yet more tests... we left the office very shell shocked.. only to get a few miles on 175 to run out of gas!! GMC has had thousands of complaints with the gas gauges on their vehicles that quit working but they will not acknowledge it with a recall. So we set the trip to keep up with it..don't know what happened this day except satan was out to get us any way possible! The place it quit was in construction so we had to pull over right by the guard rail. I think poor Ronnie without thinking just got out and started walking towards the next exit! The traffic was zooming by seemingly at 100 miles per hour! I called 911 and they sent a kind deputy who was sympathetic towards a crying grandma with her 6 month old grandson in the back seat. I was terrified someone would hit us! Had I been in there alone I would have been ok but with the way our day was going I was not going to take any chances with my grandson! He pushed us up and off the road with his bumper and then thankfully a very nice person brought us some gas so we continued to Dublin. so we could pack clothes for the trip to Alabama and drop the baby off at the daycare. I knew he was in good hands but it was still very hard to know he would be coming here everyday now instead of our house! In spite of all that had gone wrong that day, a lot had gone right. God always makes provisions for His own!What satan intends for bad, God turns to good!
Yes, God does turn around those awful things the enemy wants to send our way. It is so wonderful your eyes were open to see His hand in all of this.
ReplyDeleteLeola
Thanks Leola..you are such a treasure of a friend! Love you!
ReplyDelete